Opportunity for social entrepreneurs worldwide to win a free trip to Oslo
They have the driving passion to change social patterns and make them better, by introducing new products/services or technologies, or by having a different approach than the traditional one.
Awards are given to young entrepreneurs who have achieved a positive social impact through their activity and they show personal commitment towards facilitating social development.
The finalist teams will all be invited to the JA-YE Europe Company of the Year Competition in Oslo, August 4-7, 2011. The ultimate winner of the FERD Award for Social Entrepreneurship will be announced at the Awards Dinner during the JA-YE Europe Company of the Year Competition in Oslo in August 2011.
Criteria for selection:
- Applicants must present an innovative and practical business model that aims to solve a social problem
- The business idea has the following characteristics: innovative, sustainable, scalable, and replicable.
- Applicants must have participated in a JA-YE entrepreneurship programme
- Applicants must have set up their own enterprise, and run it successfully for at least one year
- Applicants must be under the age of 40 years old on March 1st 2011
Deadline for completed applications: March 1st 2011.
For more information, please contact
Roxana Stefanescu, Roxana@ja-ye.org